Re: Ties across voices

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:43:49 +0100

Hi,

On 2016-12-12 13:27, Andrew Bernard wrote:
On 12 December 2016 at 23:24, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    BTW: Has this warning been disabled somewhere in the unstable
    versions? From 2.19.49, I get no complaint even for
      << { \stemDown b' } \\ a' >>
    which clearly collides...
​
I dont get any such warning in 2.19.52. Suits me fine. I use this
technique daily. As far as I am concerned, it is not a clash (but
perhaps lilypond once saw it that way.)

well, I agree in situations where no note heads clash into each other, and maybe even if the note heads are identical. But coalescing heads are an error more often than not... At least, that's not beginner-friendly - people who are experienced enough to know when to use the technique on purpose should also be able to globally suppress the warning.

Cheers,
Alexander