Re: Ties across voices

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:21:29 +0100

Am 12. Dezember 2016 13:55:39 MEZ, schrieb Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>:
>On 2016-12-12 13:42, Urs Liska wrote:
>> [...]
>>> versions?
>>
>> I think in this example there actually is no colliding-note-column
>clash because the two note heads don't share the nite column.
>> This is different from visual collisions that should of course be
>avoided.
>
>Hm. But does this mean that a "colliding-note-column clash" is merely a
>
>self-assertion for Lily that it properly positions the heads of a
>chord,
>or a check that applies when a user tweaks the position of a specific
>head? Is that really intended?

I think it had been intended as a warning to the user because two notes in
different voices on the same note column are an indication that there may be
something wrong with the voicing.

>And how could I actually produce such a collision? Even { <c' c' d'> }
>doesn't issue a warning...

{
  << { \voiceOne c'' } \\ { \voiceOne  c'} >>
}

would probably cause that warning. But for some reason this warning has been
removed recently. (So check with 2.18)

Best
Urs