Re: Repositioning a dynamic

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Repositioning a dynamic
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:40:14 +0000

Andrew, Jacques

Thanks both for the answers. They both work well in 2.18. I agree that it's a bit ugly, but in my original snippet the hairpin was slanted, which makes it look a bit better. I've not found anything in the internals reference which would allow that.

Having said that, looking at a similar point in the music some bars earlier, it might well have been an artefact of the editing/printing process.

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

Hi Peter,

Well, you could do this:

== snip

\version "2.19.52"
\language "english"
{
 \time 3/4
 \key gs \minor
 \clef bass
 \relative c'
 {
   \override PhrasingSlur.outside-staff-priority = 1000
   <b fs>8\( b,\) <b fs>\( ds^\< fs ds'\)\! |

== snip

Sorry I do not have 2.18.

But this is very ugly. You would have to shape the phrasing slur in odd ways. Why not put the dynamic under the notes?

Andrew