Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:57:48 +1100

I haven't followed the complete thread, but I'm a current happy user of Archlinux, and it runs Lilypond, Frescobaldi fine. Also, I have managed to set up the Midi interface so that I can play the midi output from within Frescobaldi.

Arch has particularly fine documentation, and its wiki contains some of the best, clearest, and most useful help and advice I've found for any distribution (and I've used plenty!).

There's a perception that Arch is "difficult", which I think is overplayed. Anyway, the time spent tinkering with Arch and getting it running to your satisfaction is good sysadmin practice.

As well as the wiki, there's a helpful forum, and a subreddit.

cheers,
Alasdair

--
Alasdair McAndrew