Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 00:09:38 -0400

Hi Charles,

> we certainly want the output to match the input.

An important question is: is it a one-to-one relationship?

> how much should we base this data structure on the current mode of input?

Which mode of input?

    \chordmode { c1:7 }

or

    { <c' e' g' bf'>1 }

??

> certain aspects of input can be improved as well

Definitely.

> we may want to use this project now to create an exhaustive list of
> characteristics of chords users that might not yet be supported by chord mode.

Definitely. Even if you don’t get around to implementation of some of them, to
have planned ahead for them is essential.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info