Re: Broken (?) snippets in openlilylib/snippets

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Broken (?) snippets in openlilylib/snippets
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:29:42 +0200

Am 08.07.2017 um 20:21 schrieb Paul:

On 07/08/2017 02:03 PM, Paul wrote:

This fixes the snippet on LilyPond 2.19.41 (The most recent I have installed.)

Just installed LilyPond 2.19.63 and my fixed vertical spacing snippet works fine with it.

I realized that you (Urs) may have another approach in mind for detecting lilypond versions...  I don't really use OLL as a whole... so my previous email just had a fix for the standalone file for this snippet...

Thanks.
I took this as an opportunity to fix the broken handling of version predicates in the snippets repo.

Now the "old" OLL functions (lilypond-greater-than? etc.) and the backported ly:version? are present in general-tools/lilypond-version-predicates. Both work, but the old ones produce a warning.

I've updated your snippet, and made it a module in

https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/commit/bf7e829077d707da89e3d9eec0fd36817ce17bfb
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/commit/1ed2958b04ea75177c30d7146a65f6d458fe52a5
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/commit/ee2e83c423edeb64a7e387388a772a9052756af9

Best