Re: openLilyLib on Windows 10

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: openLilyLib on Windows 10
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:38:13 +0200

Am 15.07.2017 um 04:03 schrieb Karlin High:
> On 7/14/2017 7:02 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
>> There's one thing missing in your set-up, and it is more or less by
>> accident that you got over the first step.
>> You should place your test file anywhere else because in your set-up
>> LilyPond found oll-core/package.ily only because you accidentally
>> placed it at the correct relative position.
> No accident, that was on purpose. I figured it would need "includes,"
> and was too lazy to figure out exactly where and how, so having the same
> relative file path seemed most likely to work.

OK.

>> The other (crucial) thing is that you have to add C:\oll to LilyPond's
>> include path, which from the command line you'd do with the command
>> line option -I "C:\oll".
>>
>> Urs
> Okay, I'll try again. I moved the olltest.ly file to
> C:\Users\karlin\Music\LilyPond\olltest and re-ran the experiment from
> the command line, instead of using right-click, generate PDF.
>
>     C:\Users\karlin\Music\LilyPond\olltest>lilypond -I C:\oll\ olltest.ly
>     GNU LilyPond 2.19.62
>     Processing `olltest.ly'
>     Parsing...
>     <string>:1:10: error: cannot find file: `oll-core/internal/os-path.ily'

>     fatal error: failed files: "olltest.ly"

This shows that the first include of package.ily worked because this
include of internal/os-path.ily is done from within that file.

> And re-trying after making a copy of C:\oll\oll-core-master\ as
> C:\oll\oll-core\ had this result:

However, there's something fishy about your different log outputs. Can
it be that
a)
you now have *both* oll-core and oll-core-master directories withing C:\oll
and b)
olltest.ly has the line
\include "oll-core-master/package.ily" in it?

because:

>     C:\Users\karlin\Music\LilyPond\olltest>lilypond -I C:\oll\ olltest.ly
>     GNU LilyPond 2.19.62
>     Processing `olltest.ly'
>     Parsing...
>     C:/oll/oll-core-master/package.ily:57:2: error: GUILE signaled an

This indicates that the file C:/oll/oll-core-master/package.ily has
successfully been found - but we don't want that at all.

So if my assessment is correct you should fix the include in olltest.ly
and rerun.

Thanks for taking the time narrowing this issue down.

Urs

--
address@hidden
https://openlilylib.org