Re: Moving a tempo mark to the right

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Moving a tempo mark to the right
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 19:18:56 +0100

On 19/08/17 15:11, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Wol,
>
>> My usual moan about colliding markups :-)
>
> Given how usual your moans areā€¦  ;)
> Can I ask why you don't just write a custom function to deal with the various
> markups automatically?
> It really wouldn't be that difficult, and would reduce the moaning to zero
> (or nearly).

Well, this will probably reduce it a lot too - I'd have the same problem
writing a custom function in that I wouldn't know how to do it :-) If
this works it'll go in my examples file, so when I next want to do it
I'll know how (I did search for it - that's how I found halign - only to
discover that halign doesn't always work).

> As to your precise question:
>
>> "what property moves a tempo horizontally?"
>
> The answer is: the same things that move almost any grob horizontally.
> X-offset, self-alignment-X, and extra-offset are the main properties to start
> looking at (in that order).
>
> Hope that helps!
> Kieren.

Thanks, I shall have to play. All being well I shall come back with a
"solved, thanks" rather than "I can't get it to work" :-) We shall see.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Wol