Re: Key signature on multiple staves

From: Robert Murdoch
Subject: Re: Key signature on multiple staves
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:24:47 +0100

On 31/08/2017 11:00, Robert Murdoch wrote:
Hi,

How do I set the key signature to appear on multiple staves without manually setting \key for every staff? This question was asked around ten years ago (see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-09/msg00333.html) and still doesn't seem to have been resolved.

Thank you for your time.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been trying to set up GNU Mailman through VirtualBox these past hours, but ended up ragequitting.

Anyway, I don't think I elaborated properly. I was already aware of the \global hack, but one is essentially replacing a command with a variable containing the same command. You still need to insert \global on every staff so it's the exact same thing to me.

I was hoping one could program LilyPond so that one could simply insert the \key command on one staff and it would automatically print the key signature on all staves at that point without needing to write pointless variables, like the \time command already does. If there really is no way, there really should be, I think.

Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.