Re: Key signature on multiple staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Key signature on multiple staves
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 20:12:12 -0400

Hi Robert,

> You still need to insert \global on every staff so it's the exact same thing
> to me.

That suggests you don't understand the power, flexibility, and benefit of the
current implementation.

> […] like the \time command already does

That suggests you don't understand how Lilypond's Timing actually works, nor
why it's wonderful that Lilypond allows one to put different time signatures
(and different key signatures) on different staves.

> If there really is no way, there really should be, I think.

If there is one, I hope those with sufficient understanding of the deeper
recesses of the code will chime in.
If there isn't one, do feel free to submit a patch for consideration by the
development team.

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer