Re: Ties between voices?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Ties between voices?
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 14:19:43 +0800

Continuing with this neat "\context Voice" trick -- quite powerful. I see how
it works: you have two expressions stuffing events into the same Voice context,
and LP merges them into one timed list and does the best it can to make sense
out of the tie properties.

I've got one I can't quite get right. I would like the tie from the upper B
whole note to be up instead of down. It almost looks like it's inferring
voiceTwo or voiceFour from somewhere, but I've been fiddling with it and I
can't find it. Even with multiple \tieNeutral commands (which surely must be
redundant), LP insists on pulling the ties on both B notes down.

Removing zeroB03 and zeroC03: no difference.

Removing \context Voice = "zeroA03" -- the B ties are as I expect, but then I
don't get the ties on the other notes going into the next bar.

\new Score {
  \new Staff {
    <<
      { \time 4/4 \partial 4 s4 | s4*2 }
      \new Voice = "zeroA03" \relative c' {
        \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
        <b b'>4 ~
        \tieNeutral q1 ~ ) \oneVoice \tieNeutral <b e f a b d>1
      }
      \context Voice = "zeroA03" \relative c' {
        s4
        s2.
        \oneVoice \stemDown \tieNeutral
        \hideNotes <e f a d>4 ~
        \unHideNotes
      }
      \new Voice = "zeroB03" \relative c' {
        s4
        \voiceTwo \tieNeutral r4 <f a>2 ~ <e f a d>4 %~
      }
      \new Voice = "zeroC03" \relative c''' {
        s4 s1
        \voiceThree r8 g4. ~ g2

Any suggestions?

(I know it's hard. The instrument spans two octaves, so a single staff is more
appropriate, and it can play 6-8-note chords easily, with independent
note-on/off. It's a stretch, even with pen and paper.)

hjh