Re: Lilypond extension to Carnatic Music

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Lilypond extension to Carnatic Music
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 18:04:57 +0200

Dear Arulmani M.

> I am interested in knowing whether Lilypond could output from Text to> Text.
> Let me explain, what I mean.> Lilypond, as it is, outputs
Western Staff Notation from input of Text.> If Lilypond is capable of
doing such a difficult task, I presume that> it will be a very simple
task for it to output a text in the place of> the Western Notation. In
other words, what I want is that Lilypond> should output a text
equivalent to the present text input.> > Carnatic Music Notation is a
text just like the .ly file. Please see> the attachments. If you guide
me through I will be able to work to the> above effect, though I am not
a programmer as such. If you are able to> do the job by assigning some
people, it will be a great service,> However, if it is not possible for
you, if you set me on the right> track, I will be able to use people
here to take it to that level.
Just to make sure I understand what you mean I'm giving you my
understanding of the documents you had attached to your email:
1) Carnatic Input Method_edited.pdf
   This basically is a reference how the various symbols are created and
what their meaning is.

2) Normal_view_Chinnan_chiru.pdf
   This is an example of Carnatic Music. You would like lilypond to
create something like that.

3) western and Carnatic_chinnan_chiru.pdf
   This is the same Carnatic Music as of document 2) above with the
western representation und the Carnatic Version underneath such that it
looks (to my western eyes) as if the Carnatic Music were lyrics.

4) A descriptive Chord input for Carnatic Music.pdf
   This extends document 1) above by adding chords and how they are
notated in Carnatic Music.

Is the above correct?
And if not, could you please explain further?

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden