Re: First steps in Lilypond

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: First steps in Lilypond
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 17:26:34 +0200

Am 02.04.2018 um 13:44 schrieb foxfanfare:
> I started to ask some questions, I thought better to start a separate thread
> in order to ask some of my newbie questions!
Yes it's very appreciated to start a new thread if you have your own
topic. Responding to old mail and just changing the topic would look
ugly in mail readers that support threaded view of mails.

> I started working on LilyPond last week and I find this software really
> interesting, though quite difficult to learn for a start! So, my project
> [...]
>     If I understood well the notation reference guide, when a voice start
> crossing staves, LP deactivate the automatic collusion. How can I solve this
> hairpin problem? I allready tried to write the dynamic marks either in the
> upper staff notes or in a separate dynamic voice, but I can't avoid the
> collusion.
Thanks for the good picture and the description what you have tried. But
we can't know how your Lilypond file looks like. It won't help you if
somebody guesses what you've done. Please strip down your score and
provide a minimal example of the source file that can be compiled by
Lilypond. Obviously you've already done the fist part, since you could
create the PNG file. Please attach the .ly file. Yo we can reproduce the
behavior exactly.

Best regards
Helge