Re: Problem with a font

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Problem with a font
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 04:55:18 -0700 (MST)

David Kastrup wrote
> It may be that the "prescribed" music font here similarly is a
> same-purpose clone of something saner in which case a replacement will
> quite likely go unnoticed anyway.

In this very special case there is an unparalleled mismatch between upper
and lower case letters:
The upper case letters have nothing in common with handwritten letters, they
look like sans-serif font, obviously they represent block letters.
The lower case letters, however, are joined like in classic elementary
school script fonts.

The combination of the two looks so terrible and I first thought there were
no capital letters in Escolar so that they are taken from another font.

I guess it's hard to find a replacement font combining non-script capitals
and script lower case letters.
I believe number 2 has been an accident. :)

All in all, this font is quite unique. In a bad sense, but: unique.
Replacing Frankenstein's Monster without anybody noticing?

All the best
Torsten