Re: Articulation sign in Haydn

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Articulation sign in Haydn
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 21:47:47 +0200

Am 08.04.2018 um 16:08 schrieb Malte Meyn:

Am 05.04.2018 um 20:48 schrieb Lukas-Fabian Moser:
Can I help in any way?

You could review my proposed changes at https://codereview.appspot.com/340660043

You don’t need to compile or review the code itself, just have a look at the PDF I attached here: https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3128/

I’m not sure whether the stem of the \slashturn is long enough and whether the \haydnturn should be bolder/thicker or more or less curly.

This is gorgeous! Thanks very much!

Is the \haydnturn supposed to be symmetrical w.r.t. the stem? To me it looks as if it weighs slightly more on the left, but maybe I'm wrong? (And I'm also not sure if this would be a problem if I were right.)

(The Henle score that prompted me to ask in the first place has a less curly version of the \haydnturn, but I like your design better.

As for the \slashturn: I think the lenght of the stem is okay. But I started to wonder if the \slashturn should really be as "thick" at its waist as the usual \turn. Maybe there is a slight disbalance between the two parts (turn vs. slash).

But please do not get me wrong: I just started to ponder the details since you explicitly asked. For me, the present solution is absolutely fine.

Best
Lukas