Override music fonts for specific glyphs

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Override music fonts for specific glyphs
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 11:14:58 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

I can't figure out very clearly how music fonts work in LilyPond. I
installed properly several fonts which I can use easily with the command:

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (set-global-fonts
     …
    ))

That's fine, but is it possible then to change the font for a specific
glyph? I tried this code:

\version "2.19.80"

\relative c' {
  \time 3/4

  \override Staff.TimeSignature.font-name = #"Times New Roman"
  c d e
  \override Score.Clef.font-size = #4
  \clef tenor
  f g a
  \override Score.Clef.font-name = #"Gonville"
  \clef treble
  b c d
  \revert Score.Clef.font-name
  \revert Score.Clef.font-size
  e f g \break

 %%%%%%%%%%%%

  c,,-^ d-^ e-^
  \override Score.Script.font-size = #4
  f-^ g-^ a-^
  \override Score.Script.font-name = #"beethoven"
  b-^ c-^ d-^
  \revert Score.Script.font-name
  \revert Score.Script.font-size
  b-^ c-^ d-^
}

\layout {
  ragged-right = ##t
}

***

but as you see, the font-name works only for the TimeSignature and neither
for the clef nor the script.

I am curently using the Profondo font, but I found an error in the dmarcato
glyph which (I don't know why) isn't the same than in Bravura and is
obviously curiously mirrored (see attachments). The bravura glyph is the one
used in Elaine Gould's book for this articulation (she also suggest thicker
font for the down marcato glyph!)

profondo-dmarcato.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5604/profondo-dmarcato.png>

That's why I wanted to alterate the font for the scripts (or better, only
for the marcato glyph) and use for instance the default font.

Oh, and I try replacing the d-marcato glyph using FontForge but it is very
laborious since the numerous fonts size (and file) for the same font, I
couldn't achieve it easily and I'm not sure of this way of dealing with my
problem...