Re: Ottava mark: edge dashed line

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Ottava mark: edge dashed line
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:50:07 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> 'bound-details allows for left/right/left-broken/right-broken
> subproperties.
> Possible subsubproperties (read by ly:line-spanner::print) are documented
> here:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/spanners#using-the-line_002dspanner_002dinterface
>
> Please specify which problem(s) you see with you're example-code in
> the future. ;)
>
> My guessing below:

You're right, I'm sorry. But once again, thank you very much Thomas! Your
help was very much appreciated! Now I understand a bit more about this
bound-detail thing! I'm currently reading the notation book but haven't
reached this section yet!

I also moved the first text markup directly in the "left" section with help
of your code in "left-broken" which I found better codded!
#`((left . ((Y . -0.2)
                (text
                         .
                         ,#{ \markup \bold "8")

And replaced the hspace in my markup command with: (stencil-offset . #'(-0.3
. 0)) in order to get some space after the text.

Btw, is there any interest to put "(text . #f)" for the right-broken? Or was
this just for me to understand how the code should be written?

I also discovered that I can then alterate some individual values directly
in the score block:
\once \override Staff.OttavaBracket.bound-details.right-broken.padding = #4

Gosh, I'm starting to fall in love for this software! So many capabilites,
it's amazing!