Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: Lilypond <-> Sibelius
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 17:06:35 +0100

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Ben: I think he is required to use Sibelius at University that appears
to be all that they have.  When he was still at school the same applied.
 Whilst it would be nice if the uni offered other products, I suspect
the learning curve for the staff would be too steep if students actually
thought for themselves. ;-)

Phil: Thanks for the information, that is a whole lot cheaper than I
thought.  I'd just heard the headline prices of hundreds if not
thousands of pounds and hadn't looked further.

Martin: I'll have a look at MuseScore.

Arne: That is interesting.  It's the sort of pricing my
Yorkshire/Scottish ancestry approves of!  I'll talk to him when he gets
back this evening.  There does seem to be a problem with running it
under Linux, I might try using Wine.  He'll be able to run it on his
laptop though.

Once again, thanks all

Martin