Re: large bottom text area only on first page

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: large bottom text area only on first page
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:32:39 +0200

> Folks,
>

> let's assume that I want to add a large block of text at the bottom of
> the first page only:
>

>                page 1               page 2, 3, ...
>         +-----------------+      +-----------------+
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         | music           |      | music (cntd.)   |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |-----------------|      |                 |
>         | text            |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         |                 |      |                 |
>         +-----------------+      +-----------------+
>

> How can I achieve that?
>

>     Werner

Hi Werner,

I'd go for a page-footer and `on-page'.

Below our modified
input/regression/page-headers-and-footers.ly

txt = \markup \wordwrap-string
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing
elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna
aliqua.  Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco
laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,
consectetur adipisicing
elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna
aliqua.  Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco
laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat."

\paper {
  ragged-last-bottom = ##f

  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup  {
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 2.5)
    \center-column {
      \fill-line { \teeny " " " " }
      \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

  evenHeaderMarkup = \oddHeaderMarkup

  oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line {
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
    \center-column {
    \on-the-fly #(on-page 1) \txt
    \fill-line { \teeny " " " " }

#(set-default-paper-size "a6" 'portrait)

\book {
  \score {
    \new Staff \relative {
      \repeat unfold 18 { a b c d \break }