Re: spacer rest *

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: spacer rest *
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 22:56:31 +0200

On 27 April 2018 at 15:44, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
Well, I don't know how the decision was arrived at, but my own view is
that it's the correct one. The duration-only notation is aimed at
people writing rhythms, and they write them for instruments that play
notes (and pseudonotes like snare above). They don't compose rythmic
riffs for rests and spacers.

Yes, I understand the advantage for people writing rhythms.