Tuplet bracket spacing with multiple voices

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Tuplet bracket spacing with multiple voices
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 13:34:20 +0000

Hi guys,

This passage is a little tricky to write tidily on one staff, and I might change the way this is done. But the placing of the lower tuplet bracket (covereing the quaver and crotchet rest) doesn't seem to help...

\transpose f g {  \relative c'{
<<
  {   r2 r4 \tuplet 3/2 { c8-. f-. c'-. }  f4 r r2     }
  \\
  { r2 \tuplet 3/2 { f,8-. c-. f-. } \tuplet 3/2 { c8-. r4 }  R1  }

} }

A few questions

1) Is the spacing of the bracket in the 2nd voice (a) as intended (b) optimal / correct?
1c) Is there a neat workaround to extend the bracket to cover the width of the notes in the first voice?

2) If I write this as two staves, I only want that in the *parts* not the score. How would you achieve that with the minimum of code repetition? (However it's eventually set, I would rather only have *one* instance of the notes in my 'music.ily').

Chris

Capture.PNG