Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 11:51:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 May 2018, Urs Liska wrote:

Attached you'll find a simple nobeam.ly and the file nobeam.xml, which is the result from exporting with the current master of python-ly. This will be opened without beams in MuseScore 2.

I am getting beams in MuseScore 2.2.1, Linux Fedora 28.

nobeam-withbeams.xml is the result of exporting from the branch xml-handle-beams (my current pull request).

Looks the same to me in MuseScore. I am getting four 1/8 notes in a 4/4 time bar. BTW: Does anyone know how to insert more notes in that bar in MuseScore? If I try, it jumps to the next bar, thus creating an anacrusis?

When using musicxml2ly to convert back to lilypond, I can see the difference between the two files though.

--

MT