Scheme function to change the MIDI port of a note inside Lilypond?

From: mclaren
Subject: Scheme function to change the MIDI port of a note inside Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 21:35:18 -0700 (MST)

It would prove incredibly useful to be able to change the MIDI port of a
specific note, possibly using scheme code. Lots of other things can be done
via MIDI using scheme functions inside Lilypond -- for example, changing
tempo, etc.

So guessing it's possible to use a simple scheme function to change the MIDI
output port for an individual note. However, don't know enough about
Lilypond internals to do it.

The MIDI file spec does contain a block which specifies the MIDI port. That
block appears immediately after the channel block at the head of a MIDI
file. It can be changed on the fly using MIDI software. I have a DOS
sequencer that lets you change the port for each individual note, if
desired, so if this can be done with an ancient 1990s DOS program, it can
probably be done by a scheme function inside Lilypond.

Any ideas?  Or any pointers to detailed info on the Lilypond internals that
would let me write a scheme function to do it?