Unusual beam divisions

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Unusual beam divisions
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 07:33:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I am dealing with some unusual beam divisions. See:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t4165/1.jpg>

and

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t4165/2.jpg>

I did manage to emulate this style but I am using a hack to get it done:
multiplying an eighth note by 1/4 to effectively transform it into a 32nd
note and then using stemLeftBeamCount and stemRightBeamCount to add the end
beams. See:

{
  \time 3/8
  \set subdivideBeams = ##t
  r16.
  \set stemLeftBeamCount = #3
  c'8*1/4 c'32 c' c' c'
  \set stemRightBeamCount = #3
  c'8*1/4 r16.
}

Outputting:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t4165/3.jpg>

So I have two questions: is there a way of automatizing this, and if not
then is there a better approach to manually create these?

Many thanks!
Gilberto