Single-measure time signatures with raised numbers

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Single-measure time signatures with raised numbers
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 14:04:00 -0400

I was looking at Hindemith’s Oboe Sonate today in the new Schott edition and noticed that it indicated temporary time-signature changes by displaying a raised time signature above the bar. This applies only to the measure it appears in. By contrast, if the time signature appears in-line with the staff, it is a durable change that lasts past the measure. I did some searching in the LSR and elsewhere, but I don’t find this case discussed. Can anyone point me to how you would achieve this effect in Lilypond?

See below for examples from the Hindemith piece.

-Arle

A one-measure change:

A durable change: