Re: Adding a continuous drone to midi output

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adding a continuous drone to midi output
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 00:19:43 +0200

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5/22/2018 3:57 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Turns out that I don't have a good idea where to document this in the
>> manuals.
>
> You've already considered this one?
>
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/writing-rhythms#scaling-durations>

I've not considered _any_ part of the manuals yet.  You are likely
right, but no fun: this section of the manual would rather suggest that
\scaleDurations should likely be made to accept the same kind of
multiplier, and that appears, like, really icky.

Do we then need a predicate factor? that will accept either a number
pair (in lieu of a fraction) or a (non-negative?) rational or a moment?

The predicate fraction? remains necessary for indicating "musical"
fractions (used for meters and tuplets) which are not adequately
represented with rational numbers because 3/2 and 6/4 need to be
differentiated.

--
David Kastrup