Re: Grace Notes size

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Grace Notes size
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 14:55:45 +0200

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a way to define the size of the small notes (\grace \appoggiatura
> \acciaccatura)?
>
> It seems the default size is something like 0.6% of the full size but I
> wonder if it is possible to set something different? I can't see any
> property in the internal references for that!

The defaults for graces are defined in music-functions.scm, look for
`general-grace-settings'.
They can be adjusted by remove-grace-property/add-grace-property. See
NR for usage.

Here an example:

\relative c'' {
  \new Staff {
    $(remove-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'direction)
    $(add-grace-property 'Voice 'Stem 'length-fraction 04.6)
    \new Voice {
       \acciaccatura { f16 } g4
       \grace { d16 e } f4
       \appoggiatura { f,32 g a } e2