Re: Several questions concerning scheme-music-function

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Several questions concerning scheme-music-function
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 22:19:40 -0700

On 2018-05-26 06:15, Robert Schmaus wrote:
so far, I was completely satisfied with out-of-the box lilypond and
rarely used anything involving scheme. Mainly because, I find this
language very counter-intuitive, but that's maybe because I code in
C-like languages all the time.

Hi Robert,

This is probably a little off-topic, but you might want to look at picking up a copy of "The Little Schemer" [1]. It's based on the earlier work, "The Little LISPer", which takes a very novel approach to teaching a programming language. Another learning resource is "How To Design Programs" [2] along with Dr. Racket [3]. (Racket is the current name and release of PLT Scheme.)

[1]: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/BTLS/
[2]: http://www.htdp.org/
[3]: http://download.racket-lang.org/

-- Aaron Hill