Re: Barline glyphs in lilyglyphs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Barline glyphs in lilyglyphs
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 22:00:43 +0200

Am 30.05.2018 um 20:46 schrieb Sam Bivens:

Hi Urs,

A barline is not a glyph but is *drawn* in LilyPond. Therefore it doesn't"t belong to the glyphs accessible by lilyglyphs.
Thanks; this is what I feared!

Don't think that's a serious issue.

Please describe more concretely what you want (with/without staff lines etc.). It is possible to add commands with precompiled LilyPond snippets, but maybe you'd be better off with the new(er) lyluatex package.
I'm hoping to incorporate the following barlines into some TiKz diagrams:
  • "||"
  • "|."
  • ".|:"
  • ":|.|:"
  • ":|."

I don't need anything else (no staff lines, no pitches, etc.); just the barlines themselves.

Then the easiest thing is to produce these as cropped PDF files from LilyPond and directly include them. There's no need to have the overhead of using a package like lilyglyphs for that.

You can start with something like

\version "2.19.80"

\paper {
  indent = 0\cm
}

\include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"

{
  \omit Staff.StaffSymbol
  \omit Staff.TimeSignature
  \omit Staff.Clef
  s4 \bar "|."
}

Right now I'm not sure how to remove the space at the left of the barline. But if nobody here can tell you that you could still postprocess the file somewhere else.

HTH
Urs

Thanks,

Sam