Re: http://lilypond.org/help-us.html afunctional

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: http://lilypond.org/help-us.html afunctional
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 20:21:25 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

address@hidden:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ git show release/2.19.82-1:VERSION
PACKAGE_NAME=LilyPond
MAJOR_VERSION=2
MINOR_VERSION=19
PATCH_LEVEL=82
MY_PATCH_LEVEL=
VERSION_STABLE=2.18.2
VERSION_DEVEL=2.19.82
address@hidden:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ git show origin:VERSION
PACKAGE_NAME=LilyPond
MAJOR_VERSION=2
MINOR_VERSION=21
PATCH_LEVEL=0
MY_PATCH_LEVEL=
VERSION_STABLE=2.18.2
VERSION_DEVEL=2.19.82

I am just as surprised as you are.  I would have thought that the
VERSION_STABLE and VERSION_DEVEL lines are exactly used for figuring out
the web sites to link to while MAJOR_VERSION/MINOR_VERSION/PATCH_LEVEL
is what gets baked into the binary.

But I never actively checked.

--
David Kastrup