Re: Custom clef horizontal adjustment.

From: dfro
Subject: Re: Custom clef horizontal adjustment.
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 12:17:52 -0400

Orm and Pierre,
Thank you, for your comments. I also like the postscript way of creating custom clef symbols, and I have found that the scale and translate commands make positioning glyphs easy. I am glad to find that the commands:

                        \override Staff.Clef.space-alist =
                        #'((time-signature minimum-space . 1.5) (first-note minimum-fixed-space . 1.5))

work well on the glyphs positioned at the beginning of a staff.

My original reason for posting questions about this is that I am having no luck using space-alist to reliably adjust spacing for change clef glypsh using the postscript method, though; and, many of the space-alist commands seem to have no effect.

My experiments trying to convert the postscript way of doing things to the \path-like way of doing things have produced strange results.

For custom change clefs, I may try an ugly solution of using \cadenzaOn, hidden notes, and \cadenzaOff to get some spacing around the glyph. I think this may work for now until I understand things better.

Irregardless of these problems, I am thrilled with how beautiful my manuscript projects are turning out!

Thanks for the help.

Peace,
David