Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview

From: Mats Behre
Subject: Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 10:26:47 +0200

On 2018-07-03 18:47, Zone Dremik wrote:
Hello,
After a recent upgrade to my computer, the function that links music notes (and
lyrics) in the PDF viewer, to the text in the Lilypond files, has stopped
working.

The ability to click on notes and lyrics in the preview screen, and have the
exact point highlighted in the corresponding Lilypond file was so enormously
useful, that the loss of this function has become a great barrier to efficient
use of the program.

I am using Lilypond Version 2.18.2-1
Apple Macintosh System 10.11.6
Apple Preview Version 8.1 (877.7)
I don't think I have ever managed to get this to work with Preview, and my
first attempt was way before Sierra, so I'm not sure it has ever worked. (10.11
is El Capitan, by the way ...)
I have used Acrobat Reader instead, but Preview updates the page when you
rebuild, with Acrobat doesn't, so it's not ideal. Others have mentioned Skim,
perhaps that's something to take a look at.

/mb