Re: Some openLilyLib packages/modules open for testing

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Some openLilyLib packages/modules open for testing
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 08:48:03 +0200

Hi Craig,

Am 14.07.2018 um 01:00 schrieb Craig Dabelstein:
Hi Urs,

Just confirming, as you've discovered, that compiling is lots slower.

Craig

Could you please be more specific? This assessment is somewhat surprising to me (although I wouldn't deny it's possible) because the slow-down *I* was talking about was a substantial programming error that has by now been fixed.

Could you try to come up with some numbers?
  • Compilation time of the old system (with "old" input files) vs. updated?
  • Compilation time of a large score (not using annotations) with the old or the new scholarLY module loaded or not loaded
  • Is the slow-down noticeably related to the size of the score or to the number of annotations?

I know there *is* some overhead because I realized I have to store *all* grobs in a list before processing the annotations, which wasn't previously the case. But I wouldn't expect this to make a significant difference.

I wouldn't have had any suspicion that my other changes to the code would have any negative performance impact, quite the contrary.

Thanks for testing
Urs