Re: Customize \RemoveEmptyStaves

From: Marcos Press
Subject: Re: Customize \RemoveEmptyStaves
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:36:26 -0300

Link for the example image...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vuTzR23XOfx1gTEra-aMv-oz35s_XY0h

El mar., 17 de jul. de 2018 a la(s) 16:30, Helge Kruse (address@hidden) escribió:
Am 17.07.2018 um 19:09 schrieb Marcos Press:
> Actually I'm not certain of which method to use. Perhaps it should be other
> way.
> The attached image is what I'm transcribing.
>
> It's for a double hand/staff instrument that lots of times use only one. Or
> both doing the same so we just write one hand.
>
> The result is reduction of pages and unnecessary eye data.
>
> How would you resolve these?

This looks like an example for \RemoveEmptyStaves. You could do
something like this:

\version "2.18.2"

cello = \relative c'' {
  \time 3/8
  \repeat unfold 10 { R4. }
  \repeat unfold 37 { c8 d e }
}

celloII = \relative c {
  \time 3/8
  \repeat unfold 40 { R4. }
  c c c c c c c
}

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff { \clef treble \cello }
      \new Staff { \clef bass \celloII  }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves

Of course, this shows only the automatic disappearance of empty staff
lines but not your score.

Regards, Helge