a curious midi problem, or not ?

From: B~M
Subject: a curious midi problem, or not ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:06:19 +0930

Dear All, I have encountered an odd problem (I think) with midi
file generation. The attached file is just one bar of Viola music.
It generates a midi, but the actual viola playing is about 7 seconds, yet the
midi continues for about 20 seconds ?
Have I missed a command in my *.ly file that terminates the midi at the end of the score ?
This seems puzzling. For example why is the midi file "white space"
continuing for 20 seconds ? where did the 20 come from ?

Paul