Re: Easy Note Heads and colors

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Easy Note Heads and colors
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 04:10:43 -0700 (MST)

rodrigo wrote
> Since I am not a programmer ,  there is certainly a better way to do that,
> but at least it works for me. Kept here for reference and eventually
> helping
> others.

Hi Rodrigo,

There is a much easier way to do it:
The note names used by the standard engraver (just switching \easyHeadsOn,
nothing else) are taken from the note-names property of NoteHead.

If you need other note names, all you need to do is to override the
note-names vector, no need at all for any additional programming:

%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\relative c' {
  \easyHeadsOn
  \override NoteHead.note-names = #(vector '"dó" '"ré" '"mi" '"fá" '"sol"
'"lá" '"si")
  c4 d e f g a b c
}

The only remaining problem is that the long Portuguese names won't fit into
the noteheads, but this can be corrected by setting the font-size:

  \override NoteHead.font-size = #-11

The Easy notehead's diameter will always be calculated depending on
staff-space and line-thickness, so that the font-size in this case can be
used to change the font-size of the note name text, not the notehead itself.

HTH,
Torsten