Re: Fingering position in polyphony face to sharp glyph. Bug?

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Fingering position in polyphony face to sharp glyph. Bug?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 06:13:54 -0700 (MST)

Schneidy wrote
> The first fingerings are independently positioned while the second
> integrate the accidental sign to calculate the padding.
> This happend with sharp glyph only.
> I guess it has something to do with upper 'Y-extent from the fingering --
> not from the glyph(?) --, however I did not find any issue.
> Any idea?

Hi Pierre,

Yes, it's the sharp glyph that pushes the fingering away.
More precisely, it's the horizontal skylines. You can easily verify this by
reducing Staff.Accidental.font-size until the 2 fits beneath the sharp
accidental.

So this isn't a bug, it's a feature. But admittedly, the automatic result
isn't quite satisfactory.
Anyway, in tight conditions like that I don't consider it a particularly
good idea to squeeze the fingering numbers in between the notes. It's hard
to tell which note belongs to zhe 1 between the F# and the G# in the upper
voice. Adding more padding would affect the spacing too much.

All the best,
Torsten