Re: align dynamic with text

From: Ben
Subject: Re: align dynamic with text
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 07:54:58 -0400

On 8/25/2018 6:52 PM, Trevor Bača wrote:
Hey Ben,

When you're using markup as dynamics, don't you find that you're unable to include those constructs in hairpins?

I went through a period where I was using straight-up text for dynamics like you're mentioning. But the hairpin limitation moved me towards make-dynamic-script. It's great. The other big benefit being that indications that are made with make-dynamic-script align (vertically) with all of Lily's other native dynamics.

I've wound up with house set of dynamic indications, too, like Andrew was mentioning:

Have at them if you go the make-dynamic-script way.

Trevor.

Trevor,

Thank you! I really hadn't considered how hairpins would be impacted like that. I've been looking into the make-scripts approach now this weekend and I'm seeing the power and benefits for sure.

Thanks for that house set, it gives me some great ideas on how to structure my own! :)

Ben