Re: adding footnote to markup on invisible measures

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: adding footnote to markup on invisible measures
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:01:56 +0200

... Thanks to Thomas Morley-Harm...
Cheers,
Pierre

Le lun. 27 août 2018 à 11:47, N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> a écrit :
Hi Pierre,

whoa crap, I'm sorry I totally missed your reply! I have no idea how that does what it's supposed to do, but at least the MWE is outputting footnotes like it's supposed to. Wild.

I'll try it in the main document and see how it goes, but it looks like that solves my issue.

Thanks!

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 9:44 PM Pierre Perol-Schneider
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Here's a workaround:
>>>

> Thank you for the tip, but as this is one of several footnotes, and I want
> them to be numbered in sequence, it doesn't work for me. Is there some
> functionality here that I'm missing? Do I need to make some grob visible or
> something?
>
> Cheers,

\auto-footnote only works in standalone Text.

Probably:

\relative c {
  \time 2/4
  \hideNotes
  \omit Staff.TimeSignature

  \override Score.FootnoteItem.annotation-line = ##f
  \override Score.FootnoteItem.padding = -1
  \override Score.FootnoteItem.Y-offset = 0.05
  \textLengthOn
  es'''2
   -\footnote #'(1 . 0)
     "Das Cello erzählt eine Geschichte ganz unabhängig von den anderen Stimmen"
   ^"un poco misterioso"
  <>
   -\footnote #'(1 . 0)
     "Die anderen Stimmen machen was sie wollen. ;)"
   ^"allegro chaotico"

  \omit Staff.BarLine
  \repeat unfold 19 { es2 }
  \undo \omit Staff.BarLine