Re: A Midi question

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: A Midi question
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 17:54:27 -0500

Not saying this will work because I don't know your code, but can you use polyphonic voices to add the nuances/pedal marking variables (if you're not already using them)? Thinking here that the nuance directives are made a part of the resulting polyphonic music.

You can create one score for your present printout (no midi output) and a second that uses the polyphonic voices with midi output. I'm thinking of this:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/explicitly-instantiating-voices

This code illustrates what I'm talking about. I confirm that using << { } \\ { } >> does NOT produce the desired output. But instantiating the second voice DOES produce midi with dynamic changes.

It might look ugly with a lot more notes, and you might get a lot of error output for note column issues, but the midi may be just fine.

%% snippet %%
%% \notePartI does NOT work
%% \notePartII DOES work

\version "2.19"