Re: A Midi question

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: A Midi question
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:57:01 -0700 (MST)

Vaughan McAlley wrote
> Hmmm...
>
> Has anyone tried
>
>   \midi {
>     \context {
>       \Staff
>       \remove "Staff_performer"
>     }
>     \context {
>       \PianoStaff
>       \consists "Staff_performer"
>     }
>
> % ??
> (I haven't, but who knows?)
> Vaughan

I just tried. It kinda work, but only for piano solo because if you have
another instrument with one staff, you'll get no output for it!

Thanks Theo and Guy for your solution. I tried them and I think I'll make a
mix of both. I didn't think of the Tags for specific midi indications, and
especially, the idea of making two separate scores, one for the layout and
one for the midi is very good.

I can now merge the dynamics variables and sustain pedals on each voices
which need them. This sounds good to me, although I still have more test to
attempt! But thanks anyway for the first clues :-)