Re: Defining 4 \breve time in Carmina Burana

From: Jogchum Reitsma
Subject: Re: Defining 4 \breve time in Carmina Burana
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 12:28:17 +0200

Op 06-09-18 om 09:43 schreef Thomas Morley:
Hi,

The first bar of part 5: Ecce gratum, from Orff's Camina Burana states a
time of 4 \breve notes. In the Schott-edition I have, that is noted not on
the staff, but above it.

Is there a possiblility in Lilypond to define that time? Simpy issuing "time
4/\breve" gives an error message in version 2.19.65

regards, Jogchum Reitsma

This was discussed in the german forum a while back.
My own coding here:
https://archiv.lilypondforum.de/index.php/topic,2127.msg11763.html#msg11763

HTH,
   Harm

Hi Thomas,

I downloaded the code you referred to in your answer above, and it works like a charm, thanks! But there are still a few changes that would be nice to have in it. Or, also quite possible, they are already there, but I don't know how to use it.

If I want for example a 3/4 bar, I write

  \time ##f 3/4

and the result is fine. But when issuing this in a 4-part vocal piece, I have to repeat that for every voice, and the 3/4 symbol is printed above each staff. Repeating the entry is of course no problem, but the fact that the result is printed above each staff gives a somewhat messy output.

I'm for now not able to alter the code myself, but is it possible to avoid this effect?

regards, Jogchum