Re: fonts not working as expected

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: fonts not working as expected
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 14:31:22 -0600

Hey, Kieren!

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 2:13 PM Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

No MWE possible, because obviously it’s a local problem with my computer…

I’ve installed fonts on my computer. I’ve restarted the machine, and allowed Lilypond to recache fonts. Frescobaldi’s auto-completion mechanism recognizes (and suggests) the new fonts, and they appear as expected in Font Book, they show up when I run '-dshow-available-fonts x', etc.

So they seem to be installed properly, and recognized by the various applications involved. But

  \markup "test"

outputs as expected [using the main document font], whereas

  \markup \override #'(font-name . "New Font Name") "test"

outputs nothing.

What should I be looking for to fix this problem? How can I debug it further to see what’s wrong?

When you say “outputs nothing” do you mean nothing appears, or nothing changes from the main doc font?

Best,
Abraham