Re: Script for note/rest refactor? (with parsing tools)

From: Pedro Pessoa
Subject: Re: Script for note/rest refactor? (with parsing tools)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 10:11:39 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the replies. I've heard of abjad, but wans't remebering about it.
This particular extension seems to deal with the phase of generating the
code. I think it wont't help me in this case.
The part of generating the isorhythm is working. It is like simple
translation from a parsed text (a syllabic entry) to lilypond code. Like so:
"Ta ki ta Tom  . tom . ." -> sn16 sn16 sn16 bd16 r16 bd16 r16 r16

The tokens are either a note or a rest (the dots in the eg.) all with the
same lenght. I was hoping to find a parsing solution, after the lilypond is
generated, so I could use the tool in general lily code. And I might use
this parsing knowledge to develop other personal tools aswell. (eg, one that
would be useful for this same project is auto put breaks and measure numbers
as comments, to help later manual editing)

I think I'll bet in python-ly for this, I kinda have a raw algorithm in my
head, just need to get the grips of dealing with the package.