Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 09:03:21 +1100

Hi Robert

> Thanks for your reassuring message. It helped.

You're welcome.

> TeXShop took some time to consider whether it would or would not
> process my _ly.tex-file, but after a few minutes it produced an
> impeccable pdf.

The startup delay, at least the first time around, is making sure all
the fonts are in place and working correctly. It should be, depending
on the score of course, quicker next time.

> What surprised me was that the processing time on this extremely slow
> iMac was about the same as on my MacBook.

This is one of the reasons I'm sticking to my old clamshells. In my
experience, they are the last of the "good macs"--the ones where I can
upgrade the HD and memory, and have some control over my destiny. I,
for one, am very happy to be able to run lilypond on it

All the best.

 .. m.