Re: \markup on "topmost" voice in a Frenched score?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: \markup on "topmost" voice in a Frenched score?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:32:40 -0700

On 2019-03-14 7:12 am, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
Hi List,

I have a small chamber setting that includes section titles that the client wants at the top of systems (stuff like "Interlude," "Finale," etc.). The
problem I'm having is, as this is a "Frenched" score the topmost voice
isn't always the same one. So I can't attach a \markup to a specific voice, but I want to find a way to apply them to whichever voice happens to be at
the top of the score *at that point*.

Is there a way to do that? Is there some conditional formatting that can be applied to achieve something like that? I imagine this would also apply to
tempo indications and other similar score instructions.

Seems like \mark would work. RehearsalMarks belong to the Score and are by default placed above the entire system regardless of any staves.

-- Aaron Hill