Re: The Guide to getting Point and Click going with Gvim under Ubuntu 18

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: The Guide to getting Point and Click going with Gvim under Ubuntu 18
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 18:25:45 +1100

Hi David,

I made a mistake here - total lack of comprehension on my part. Not taking the time to study the format of the apparmor profile files, I misunderstood that the '#" in the '#include' was a comment character that had to be removed to activate the line. The comment character is '#' but '#include' is a single unit. Indeed the standard usr.bin.evince contains:

#include <local/usr.bin.evince>

and has no need of modification.

My apologies for misleading readers - I am a complete idiot!

The curious thing is that on my system where the '#' is removed the file appears to be included and works just fine, so maybe that's a peculiarity of the grammar? Or maybe I am totally mixed up.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Andrew

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 14:17, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat 16 Mar 2019 at 00:31:16 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi Federico,
>
> Well, the '#' issue was a simple typo, not a vast conceptual error.
>
> I developed this on my pristine Ubuntu 18.10 and it all works swimmingly.

Then I don't understand why you were altering the line at all.
AFAICT both Ubuntu's and Debian's /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.evince
files will include the local/usr.bin.evince file automatically.
Editing /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.evince is only needed for making
major changes to the configuration.

Cheers,
David.