Re: LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 for Linux

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.20 or 2.21 for Linux
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 20:06:50 +0100

On 3/30/19, Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think I missed something. Can I install 2.20 and/or 2.21 on Linux? I'm
> not an expert, though I've used command line some. Will it be difficult
> and/or dangerous?

Hi Ralph,
if you don’t want to bother with dependencies and compilation, you may
want to have a look at this recent message in another thread, whereby
a generous contributor has made their own builds available for
everybody:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00480.html

You may install 2.21.0 the usual way; there’s no known conflict with
Frescobaldi at this point (other than some new keywords not being
highlighted, possibly). And there are _lots_ of exciting new features
and stuff, so do feel free to give it a go!

Cheers,
V.