Re: Automatic beaming with rest

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Automatic beaming with rest
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 09:14:05 -0400

Hi there!

> is there a way to make the second line of my example to look like my
> third line without writing manually the brackets each time?

The documentation explicitly says “the autobeamer will not put beams over rests
or bar lines”
(<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/beams#manual-beams>). I
hope someone [with real Scheme-fu] offers you a function/callback/hack that
will do it automagically, since I sometimes need the same thing!

Of course, you could write a music function to handle it — but you wouldn’t
save much typing over the manual process, so that wouldn’t really be worth it…

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info