Re: Automatic beaming with rest

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Automatic beaming with rest
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 06:29:00 -0700 (MST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> The documentation explicitly says “the autobeamer will not put beams over
> rests or bar lines”
> (<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/beams#manual-beams>).
> I hope someone [with real Scheme-fu] offers you a function/callback/hack
> that will do it automagically, since I sometimes need the same thing!

Thanks Kieren, I read this page before posting, but the example that is
written in this chapter is really unconventional. That's why it seems
logical to put the bracket there.

But in my case, it is a typical engraving rule and I was wondering if I
wasn't missing a little option like
  \set BeamOverRest = ##t

:-) Apparently I'm not! ;-)